STATEMENT OF FAITH
The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life (1 Cor. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21). For purposes of interpreting the Bible’s meaning and application, MAI’s Board of Directors is MAI’s final interpretative authority with respect to MAI’s Statement of Faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline.
- There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit(Gen. 1:1; Matt. 28:19,20; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-14, 10:30; 2 Cor. 13:14).
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the Cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, and ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate (Isaiah 7:14, 9:6; John 1:1,3, 12,14,18; John 3:16; John 1:29; Rom. 3:25,26; 2 Cor. 5:14; Luke 24:36-43; John 20:20; Acts 2:32; Heb.1: 3 – 13, 7:25; 1 John 2:1).
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service (1Cor. 3:16; John 2:20 – 27; Rom. 8:2,4,9,12,14).
- Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Gen 1:26; Eph. 2:1-3; Rom. 5:15-19).
- The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for the justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God (Eph. 2:4-9; John 3:3-8,16; Rom. 10:9-10).
- God creates each person in His image, male and female, and has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of monogamous, heterosexual marriage. Any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, pornography) is sinful and grieves God (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-10; Matt. 5:28; 1 Thess. 4:3-7, 1 Cor. 6:12-20).
- God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11).
- God calls us through His grace, consistent with His Great Command to love God and our neighbor as ourselves, to afford to every person the compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity God affords to us (Matt. 22: Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31).